MENTAL WELLNESS CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM COORDINATOR
Permanent Full Time
Monday to Friday – 7 hours/day
Bigstone Health Commission is seeking an experienced and competent Mental Wellness Crisis Team Coordinator, to join our talented Health Team. This is a rewarding opportunity if you have an appreciation for First Nations culture, a desire for continuing professional development and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team and various other professionals and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop an adequate, culture-informed team.
- To promote team participation and enhance relationship building.
- To plan and coordinate crisis deployments in BCN communities and outside BCN when needed.
- To provide team members with resources/supplies to discharge their duties.
- Utilize best practices to support crisis teams in promoting wellness, based on the communities’ unique needs.
- Facilitate, organize, plan, and provide training.
- Ensure appropriate liaison within the community.
- Ensure the delivery of services is consistent with the communities’ mission, values, beliefs, and practices.
- To ensure accountability, professionalism, and sensitivity in supporting the needs of communities deployed to.
- Provide and respect culturally appropriate support services that meet the unique needs of each community.
- Provide crisis intervention support and service coordination to community members as needed.
- Complete reports as per funding requirements.
- Plan, promote, implement, and support program delivery within the community.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and leadership to the Crisis Response Team.
- Participate and engage in potential partnerships with other organizations and or groups to enhance the MWCRTs within the community.
- Promote wellness within communities.
- Establish and maintain crisis team goals and objectives.
- Identify budget requirements as directed.
- Attend meetings, training as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested/required.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, Nursing), or a related field
- Experience in crisis support will be an asset
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be willing to participate in professional development and further educational training
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Must have valid driver’s license, class 5 minimum
- Must have or obtain within six months of hire Standard First Aid/CPR certification and maintain such
- Vehicle is required, and must be willing to travel on short notice
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Employer matching retirement savings plan
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Plan
Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Criminal Record Check, CYIS along with 3 work related references to:
(All checks must be current within the last 6 months. Applicants with all required documents will only be considered for this employment opportunity)
Bigstone Health Commission
Human Resources Department
Box 1020 Wabasca, Alberta T0G 2K0
Fax: 780-891-2623 | or via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for this Employment Opportunity will be: Until a Suitable Candidate is found.
POSTED: MAY 24, 2023
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com