The Bigstone Health Center is dedicated to providing each and every community member with accessible health care programs designed to nourish the body and the mind. To accomplish this, we offer several programs that promote health, prevent injury and provide
Maternal Child Health
The MCH program helps young women and parents achieve their goals for their children and them selves.
Home visits provide information to pregnant women and families with young children; they help to build the bridge between needs and local service providers.
A family visitor will assist clients with:
- Family planning
- Safe housing
- Health care
- Domestic violence services
- Support for children with disabilities
- Parenting skills
- Addiction support and mental health services
Maternal child health staff is available to help clients access various services in the community. Staff is also available to help answer any questions about the program, as well as questions in regards to service can be access.
Staff are willing to:
- Develop service plans
- Set up appointments
- Ensure you are accessing service that meet your needs
Canadian Pre-natal Nutrition Program
Bigstone community health offers education and understanding when it comes to diabetes. Clients have access to services such as:
- The Canadian Pre-natal Program encourages and promotes proper maternal nutrition during pregnancy and breast-feeding. We work with clients throughout the pregnancy to ensure clients have access to services that may be needed. Our healthy choices program allows us to provide clients with healthy alternatives once a week, items such as milk, fresh fruit and cheese can be provided free of cost.